Posted on November 5, 2018
in Nanoose Bay, Nanoose Bay The 2 story at 1835 Douglas Crescent has been sold.
Homes that are well presented Sell More quickly, for More money. You only have one chance to make a first impression so it is important to make sure it’s a good one.
Decluttering and Cleaning up: In order to make sure that buyers can see themselves living in your home you need to remove any clutter so they can concentrate on the actual home. Removing some personal items is a great way to start. When you have finished take a picture of the room and look at it. You will be amazed at what clutter you missed when you look at a picture of the room. The Holidays are a great time to get started. Donating items you don’t need enables charities to give to other people so they can enjoy the Season of giving as well.
Exterior First Impressions: Anyone viewing your home will probably see it online first. They will carefully review the photos, read the description and based on this they will decide whether to visit the home, so that first impression starts with great photos.
They may also drive by to see if the neighbourhood appeals to them, so it is very important to keep the yard looking great, even if you don’t have a showing scheduled just in case people are driving by.
Being Inspection Ready: Make sure that your home (and your septic system if you have one) will pass buyer’s inspections. You don’t want any surprises that may prevent your offer from moving forward.
Here are some ways you can prepare for this:
- Look in your crawl space with a bright light and make sure it’s dry and there are no pests.
- Look in your attic for evidence of moisture or pests as well. These are commonly areas where problems occur.
- Make sure your eavestroughs and downspouts are clear so water isn’t penetrating your building envelope.
- Peeling paint and cracked caulking around door frames always get comments from potential buyers about whether the home has been maintained. In BC water ingress/mold is one of the most problematic items at a building inspection.
- A clean and tidy home will give the buyer the impression that maintenance has also been looked after. Although we constantly try ‘not to judge a book by its cover’ that’s exactly what potential buyers are doing.
- Make sure soil and vegetation isn’t up against the exterior walls of the house, if soil is in contact with siding it can cause rot and also allow pests a pathway into your walls.
- If you are on septic, and your septic system is older, have it inspected to make sure it is functioning properly, blocked lines from tree roots and other issues can be a problem for buyers.
- Keep all electrical panels and sub panels, Furnaces, crawlspace and attic hatches clear for easy access.
- Insure that all vehicles are removed from garages and carports for inspections and viewings.
- If the home is vacant turn on the main water supply and water heater prior to the inspection.
In the 1800’s Herman Melville wrote “Life’s a Voyage That’s Homeward Bound”. We are privileged to be the guides on this journey and thank all our clients, past and present, for working with us on their journey.
• 1342 sqft , 1 bath , 1 bdrm 2 story – FOR SALE CAD625,000 . Large Level Lot
in Nanoose Bay, Nanoose Bay
Charming Nanoose Gem. On a large flat lot in a quiet cul-de-sac this fenced and gated property will delight you with it’s picturesque and original plan. Fir Beams and quality construction by Adam Dombrowski distinguish this unique and captivating home. The existing house with garage and carport is perfect for anyone wanting to get into the sought after Nanoose Market. The existing garage could be converted into two more bedrooms and a bath if more living space is needed or extend the house to suit yourself. Nanoose Bay is a tranquil farm to table community with picturesque farms, pristine walking trails, Fairwinds Golf Course and Rec Centre and glorious beaches for swimming, kayaking and diving. Only 15 minutes from Nanaimo with easy access to Vancouver this very special community is worth exploring.
• 4268 sqft , 4 bath , 1 half bath , 4 bdrm 3 story – FOR SALE CAD1,460,000 . New Home in Fairwinds
in Fairwinds , Nanoose Bay
New Architectural home in Fairwinds. Ready for you to move in, this well designed and professionally decorated home will delight you with its airy and practical layout, large covered deck and some glimpses of the Ocean. Quartz counters, wood flooring, and all your living on the main floor. The lower walkout level is spacious and bright and could be made into a suite for a family member if needed. A loft with its own bathroom provides a splendid bonus space for hobbies, an office or even a private guest area. Enjoy a quiet location that is minutes from the Fairwinds Golf Course, Rec Centre, Schooner Cove Marina and miles of beautiful walking trails. The land in its natural state can be developed or left as it is for low maintenance. Floorplan available on request.
• 4676 sqft , 3 bath , 2 half bath , 3 bdrm bi-level – FOR SALE CAD3,285,000 . Serene Fairwinds Waterfront
in Fairwinds , Nanoose Bay
Serene Fairwinds Waterfront. Beautifully updated by Collins Custom Contracting this very special home will delight
you with its exquisite floorplan and stunning open plan executive kitchen. Enter through a sunny gated
courtyard and enjoy generous rooms with premier finishes and captivating Ocean and Mountain views. All your
living is on the main floor with a sublime Master bedroom and ensuite, sizeable den, and impressive great room with
waterfront deck. On the lower walkout level you will find a tranquil and comfortable retreat for family and friends and a
wonderful sheltered 2 level Oceanside patio. Thoughtfully designed inside and out this property is one of very few
Fairwinds waterfronts located in the heart of the community, only minutes walk to the Golf Course, the Rec centre, and
miles of Pristine walking trails. Only 15 minutes to Nanaimo or Parksville Fairwinds is perfectly located in central
Vancouver Island. Come for a visit and Stay for a lifetime.
• 5758 sqft , 3 bath , 1 half bath , 4 bdrm 3 story – FOR SALE CAD3,998,000 . Architect Designed West Coast Home
in Fairwinds , Nanoose Bay
This Stunning West Coat home designed by Renowned Architect Michael McNamara with extensive use of Wood and Glass to delight the most discerning buyer. A unique home in a tranquil waterfront setting with picturesque steps to the beach below and a quiet Bay perfect for kayaking, swimming and enjoying the splendour of Vancouver Island’s waterfront. Custom Built to the highest standards with natural materials echoing the surrounding environment from the impressive Timbered entry to the 2 Level stonework and soaring vaulted ceilings. A glorious master retreat on the main floor and ample guest space on the walkout lower level allows privacy for everyone. Central Music system with 6 zones and 2 fireplaces for warmth and atmosphere. A peaceful retreat in spectacular Brickyard Bay in Fairwinds. Minutes to the Golf Course, walking trails and Schooner Cove Marina. Come for a visit and Stay for a lifetime.